it’s finally feeling a little more like spring here in brooklyn, so to celebrate having not-sad-and-limp asparagus and fresh herbs available, here’s a really simple and delicious herby green tahini sauce that is perfect for dipping cruditees and spring vegetables into. i think if you add some olive oil and thin it out even more, it would be a very yummy salad dressing. yay spring!
hummus but without beans and plus lots of herbs!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 head of dill (or any bunch of herbs you want)
- 1 cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/2-1 cup of hot water as needed
- in a food processor, pulse the garlic to chop
- add the dill in, and pulse to combine
- add the tahini and vinegar, and turn mixer on – add in water in a stream to thin it out
- test and adjust salt/pepper to taste if needed
can be served with anything you’d eat hummus with – pita, chips, veggies, etc!